Salou airport? You have Reus Airport next door
If you are wondering if Salou has an airport, the answer is no. Salou does not have an airport as such, but right next door is the Reus airport.
From Reus airport to Salou there are 12 minutes by car. Very close! And it is that this small airport is very well connected if you arrive by plane to enjoy your holidays in Salou, Tarragona or any coastal town on the Costa Daurada.
In this post we are going to talk about everything you need to know about the closest airport to Salou.
How to get from Reus airport to Salou, by car, by public transport and by taxi, car rental at Reus airport, airport parking, all the routes offered by the airport, services, and finally, How to find cheap flights to Reus airport.
He Reus International Airport (IATA: REU, ICAO: LERS) is the Costa Daurada airport, managed by Aena, located in the province of Tarragona, approximately 3 km from the center of Reus, 7 km from Tarragona and 10 km from Salou and Cambrils. Reus airport was inaugurated in 1992.
ryanair es la principal aerolínea y la que ha potenciado este aeropuerto por su cercanía a poblaciones turísticas como Cambrils o Salou, el complejo turístico de PortAventura World, o como acceso más económico a Barcelona, 95 km.
This flow of passengers caused significant growth in the airport's numbers. In 1995, about 500,000 passengers used the airport. In 2004, the number doubled, reaching 1.1 million users. In 2005 and 2006, 1,382,000 passengers were reached.
The sudden increase in passengers promoted reform and improvement projects at the airport: a new arrivals hall and a redesign of the departures terminal.
Despite this, the facilities were still small to respond to the demands of the airlines and the construction of a new terminal area, a new power plant, a new control tower and a new fuel parcel was undertaken.
Routes and flights from Reus Airport
All flights and routes from Reus Airport (except London-Stansted) they are seasonal, they are only active from May to September.
Domestic flights Reus Airport:
The connections between Reus airport and other Spanish airports are weak. This is the reality, the options to fly to or from other airports are very limited. There are only flights to the islands, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca.
To fly to international airports, especially the United Kingdom, we have several options.
International destinations Reus airport
On the map we see all the (seasonal) routes that connect Reus airport with the different international destinations, United Kingdom, Holland, Belgium and Germany.
Which airlines fly to and from Reus Airport?
- TUI Airways
- TUI fly Belgium
- London Luton: from March 27 to October 27, every Tuesday and Saturday.
- Belfast: from May 5 to October 27, every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Birmingham: from May 5 to November 3, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- East Midlands: from May 3 to October 28, every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- Edinburgh: from May 5 to October 20, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Glasgow International: from May 5 to October 20, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Leeds Bradford: from May 5 to November 3, every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
- London Stansted: from May 4 to October 29, every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Manchester: from May 5 to November 3, every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- newcastle: from May 5 to November 3, every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Reus Airport ryanair
- Birmingham: from March 25 to October 24, every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Brussels Charleroi: from March 27 to October 27, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Cork: from June 1 to September 30, every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Dublin: from March 25 to October 27, daily.
- East Midlands: from March 26 to October 26, every Monday and Friday.
- Frankfurt Hahn: from March 25 to October 24, every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Liverpool: from March 25 to October 24, every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Manchester: from June 3 to October 24, every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Shannon: from March 27 to October 27, every Tuesday and Saturday.
- Belfast: from May 4 to September 30, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Cardiff: from May 13 to September 30, Sunday.
- Glasgow International: from May 1 to October 23, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
- London Gatwick: from May 3 to October 4, Thursday and Sunday.
- London Stansted: from June 3 to September 4, Tuesday and Sunday.
- Manchester: from May 1 to October 27, Tuesday and Saturday.
- newcastle: from May 6 to October 7, Sunday.
- Amsterdam: from April 28 to October 27, Wednesday and Saturday. July and August: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Aberdeen: from May 13 to October 28, Sunday.
- Belfast: from May 25 to September 25, Tuesday and Friday.
- Birmingham: from May 8 to October 30, Tuesday and Friday.
- Bristol board: from May 12 to October 27, Saturday.
- Cardiff: from May 8 to October 30, Tuesday.
- Doncaster Sheffield: from May 11 to October 26, Friday.
- Glasgow International: from May 8 to October 19, Tuesday and Friday. October only Friday.
- London Gatwick: from May 8 to October 30, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
- London Luton: from May 8 to October 30, Tuesday.
- Manchester: from May 8 to October 30, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- newcastle: from May 8 to October 30, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
How to get from Reus Airport to Salou?
If you want to go to Salou or Cambrils from Reis Airport by public transport. The Bus Plana company provides you with several frequencies in summer.
The buses of the company Flat Bus They will take you from Reus Airport to Cambrils, during the tour the bus makes stops in La Pineda, PortAventura World and Salou. The bus ride to Salou takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on where exactly you are going in Salou.
You can buy the ticket on the same bus through the website.
Price: A single ticket costs €3.
Hours: Starting at 8:00 in the morning and works every hour from 9:05 to 20:05.
Para más información y horarios visita, sitio web y timetable guide from Reus Airport to Salou with Bus Plana.
Note that from May 4 to September 27 and at Easter, the service runs until 11:05 p.m..
For more information, contact: +34 977 300 006.
Reus Airport Taxi Price
A taxi ride to Barcelona takes about an hour. The price is at least €150. It is cheaper to travel by taxi to Reus (10 minutes, €22 one way) or to the coastal city of Salou (15 minutes, €35 one way).
Car rental Reus Airport
Renting a car at Reus Airport and on the Costa Daurada is a good option to visit the area and the beautiful cities of Reus and Tarragona.
There are two car rental companies at Reus Airport:
-Firefly: (+34) 977 774 623
-Goldcar: (+34) 918 341 400
If you rent a car at Reus airport to go to Salou, you cannot miss this post about Where to park for free in Salou.
Information about the airport and services
Reduced Mobility PRM
- An assistance service for passengers with reduced mobility is available free of charge. They will assist you at the airport information desk. Assistance request form (AENA website)
- Deutsche Bank, floor 0, arrivals. served
Reus airport parking rate
- Parking P2 with 546 spaces available in closed and covered area, guarded area. It has a battery charger.
- Parking P3, P4 and P5 only available when there are no free spaces in P2.
P1 is reserved for buses, car rental companies and airport staff, General Parking P2 can be used by travelers. If P2 is completely full then P3, P4 and P5 will be open and you can park for the same price.
You can see a complete summary of parking lots just by clicking on Reus Airport parking rates.
More services available at the airport
- Free and unlimited throughout the airport.
- Conference hall
- For work meetings. Located in the restricted area of the airport
- Bier Garden (German gastronomy), located on floor 0 departures area. Exclusive passenger area.
- La Pausa, located on floor 0 departures area. Public area.
- Shops and Duty free
- Duty free The Shop, located on floor 0 departures area. Exclusive passenger area.
- The Market store, with leisure and entertainment products, located on the 0th floor, departures area. Public area.
- Tourist Office
- Located on the floor 0 arrivals area, it has the same hours as the airport.
- Technical data
- Coordinates: 41°08′50″N 1°10′01″E
- ICAO/ICAO code: LERS
- IATA code: REU
- Tracks: It has a track, facing 07/25, 2459x45 meters long, at an elevation of 71 meters above sea level.
- Information of general interest
Tarragona-Reus highway, s/n
43204 Reus - Tarragona
Telephone +34 902 40 47 04
To finish the Salou Airport post, we want to share an article on how to find cheap flights to or from Reus airport to all your destinations. The article is for the Skyscanner search engine and can be applied to any destination and airport of origin.
Click on the link above.